Thursday, January 20, 2011

A family of four

Garrett Taylor Leslie


On December 14, 2010 our little boy arrived at 10:43 am. He was 7 lbs, 9 oz and 19 1/2 inches long. We went in at 7 am to get induced, not thinking it was going to be any different then how we welcomed Mr. Aaden! Boy was I wrong! Shortly after we got there, Dr. Trobough came in, to our surprise since he wasn't on call. But we were both very excited to see him! He broke my water and they started the patossin around 8:30 am. We then meet Dr. Gleason, who was the Dr. on call. We were very relieved when we hit it off with him right away, its always really nerve wrecking meeting Dr.'s for the first time. Especially when you don't have any say! Then the waiting game begin, it didn't take long for my body to start laboring. This is when it got interesting, Mr. Garrett did not like when I contracted, so his heart rate was dropping tremendously. Dr. Gleason was called in and within minutes after arriving said that, "your baby doesn't like this last part." He said if there was no changes that we would have to do an emergency c-section. I was very relieved to feel such a soft spirit at that time. I was just ready to make sure my little one was safe and would arrive healthy. I was very grateful for Dr. Gleason and his quick decision making under pressure. Garrett is a healthy little boy and I couldn't imagine if anything jeopardized that. While performing the c-section an artery was nicked causing a lot of blood loss, which resulted in a blood transfusion the next day. It was so nice to have lovely nurses that spent time with me and helped me through this new journey I was on. We both left the hospital healthy and alive. That is all I could ask for! I was so excited to get home and have everyone be together. I sure enjoyed my new little one, but missed his big brother like CRAZY!

First time meeting his little brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment